Wednesday 19 March 2014

MY MICRODERMALS






So, I've had quite a few questions about my piercings since I got these done in November, so I'd thought I'd make a little summary on here, for those who are considering getting one done or are just curious.

I decided to get mine done on a whim one day, as I had seen a few people have surface piercings, and initially wanted to get that done, so that if I didn't like it, I could just take it out myself and that would be the end of it. So I dragged a friend and headed down there to get it done. The piercer told me it was better to get a microdermal so that it would be a much lesser chance of rejection- so I jumped at the chance.

It did kinda hurt for like 10 seconds, but not much more than a normal piercing. I was just so numb and tired for the rest of the day- I made the mistake of going to work right after I had this done so it's not advisable to do anything like that afterwards. 

I wore plasters on it when I went to sleep as apparently it keeps the piercings in place and I only took them off after showering to clean it with the solution they gave me. Afterwards I changed to hot water compresses for 2 months. I am allergic to certain plasters so I didn't wear it to bed for that long of a period because of the reaction, so I had to wear surgical tape for a while.

These piercings take a lot of maintenance as you have to not be so fussy over it but then you have to take care as to what you wear as well to avoid snagging it. Also these are more of a permanent thing, as it is pierced in an anchor sort of way so it's not possible to take it out yourself, which is why I say make sure you are aware of all these things before getting it done.

I've had these for 4 months now and they have healed pretty nicely. I'm contemplating changing the balls of the piercing but we shall see how that goes!

Ify Katherine xo



No comments:

Post a Comment