Friday 22 June 2012

Studio Tour: Handmade by Ify/Iffy Jewellery



I have finally taken some pictures of my home studio! It has taken quite a while to get it into that 'studio' type kind of environment, where it is organised, and everything is easily accessible. Because it is in the attic as well, so it's kind of a dumping ground for everyone else's stuff. I love it there, it's my creative cave. 

 I am a MASSIVE hoarder- I never like to throw away anything, because I always feel guilty! Everything always has it's place in my attic. I would say it definitely describes my style, which is very mish-mash and random, although it works for me, and it's how I function! My inspiration comes from colours mostly, but also by my random and somewhat eclectic taste in music, such as indie, a little bit of heavy metal, hip hop and pop- see how random my choices are?

 This is my sewing station! I have gone through MANY sewing machines in the past 3 years that I have been running my business, and this is my newest one- I've had it since September last year, and it sews beautifully. ;). I also use my computer to edit pictures for etsy, but there's no internet on there yet, so I just stick to my laptop when it comes to listing new products, so it doesn't totally feel like an office yet!

This is my overlocker! I've had it for a few months, and it is quite a cool machine to use! I love it cos it makes my work look so much more professional. I've had to self-teach myself how to use it though, because I've never used one before, so it has taken me a while, but I love it! Oh and that slightly scary head in the background? I made that back in college when I was 17. It was one of my few pieces that had ignited my creativity, artistically.

Here is my jewellery desk, where I super glue, drill, sand down and recycle and make jewellery pieces for both Handmade by Ify and Iffy Jewellery. I always aim to create something that is lovely and quirky, and would add an extra gorgeous-ness to your outfit with minimal effort!

I hope you've liked my little tour! :)

Katherine


No comments:

Post a Comment