Wednesday 2 January 2013

My Resolutions for 2013


Become more organised.

I always have this issue of organisation, and it's really because I take on way too much so I tend to be drowning in my to-do lists. This year, I would love to be able to work a lot smarter, so that my life would be so much easier. I have so many things I'd like to do, so it's key that I get this under control.

Move out of the family home.

I think I am at that age where I want to live my life independently, and I think I'm growing out of the whole "living with parents" stage. I love spending time with my family, but I'd like to be doing my own thing now. I'm thinking of moving to West London, so that I'm closer to work, but also I get to try and live in a whole new area.

Get in shape.

After I broke up with an ex boyfriend last summer, I joined the gym so that I could unburden myself of the grief and I could get fit and toned up. I even rode my bike to the gym and I used to work out for hours. Uni got in the way, but now I've finished, I'd like to get back into it again. 

Make clothes from scratch for myself.

In all the making that I do for my etsy shop, I forget that I should also be advertising my makes. My boss and colleagues have always said this, and it's something I'd like to get into the habit of doing. Also, it's nice to treat yourself once in a while. So from now on, I'd like to make a batch of stuff for the shop, but also for myself.

STOP SPLURGING!

I think choosing to get paid weekly is the worst thing I have ever done... because at every chance I get, whether it's a two hour break at work, or finishing work early, or having the day off, I would shop a lot. I'm not broke, but I think I could be using my money wisely now that I would like to get my own place. I'm deciding to go and treat myself once a month, instead of 3 times a week.

Travel to different cities in the UK.

So far, I have only travelled to Loughborough, Leicester, Birmingham, Yorkshire and North Wales. I'd love it if I got to visit Scotland, Bristol and Newcastle! At the moment, I'm planning to visit Sarah from Bits and Bows at her studio in Birmingham towards the end of the month, so I'll be excited to see her for the first time, and snap up some lovely treats.

I hope to keep to at least one of these resolutions! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment