Tuesday 17 April 2012

Blogging for Confidence #01



I created this blog post on a whim, kinda after seeing this blog post last week... I recently got some bad feedback from my shop, and it's so hard to handle criticism... and when I received it, I really took it to heart, but I think that's the thing with running your own business on your own... everything is so hard to balance... and I think sometimes I need to learn to take the time to make products, rather than just pushing myself like I am a sweatshop... because I am just one person, and I CANT do everything!

I have been running my clothing line for like... nearly 3 years, and only about a year and a half I have been treating it like a business... and it's hard to be juggling this with Uni, and last year, I was working part-time on top of it.

I used to think getting negative feedback was almost like the end of the world or something, but as I've built up my store, I have grown to sort of use it as something to build up on and use it as constructive!

So, from now on, I have to slow down and take things at my own pace, and also just enjoy what I am doing, because I honestly haven't been enjoying juggling my last semester at Uni as well as running the shop... and I honestly have to make my education my priority, so I will add things to the shop when I can :). I have 5 weeks left of my final project and I want to make it count and push my full potential!

I am learning to be confident in myself to know that my designs are good, and people do love my clothing and jewellery, and I shouldn't stretch myself so thin.

Sorry for the rambling, but I hope everyone understands!

Katherine xo

No comments:

Post a Comment