Monday 2 April 2012

Outfit Post and DIY (Kinda)

Cardigan (once a Poncho): Car Boot Sale
T Shirt: Market Shop
Shoes: Car Boot Sale
Leggings: Primark
Necklace: Handmade by Ify

Hi Everyone,

It's been such a long time since I did a outfit post, and I have missed it, but today, I wasn't really bothered to go out for my post office run, and I was ready to just run out in my leggings and oversized jumper, and I saw my poncho that I bought yesterday, and I thought, "I don't think I would ever wear it like this!" and I did question what I was about to do, because this was quite a high end/designer piece, and although I only paid £2 for it, I didn't want to risk ruin it, but I bravely just took a scissors to them and now it's a cardigan! 

I didn't expect to do this, so I have no pictures to show how I did it, but if you want to follow my lead, all you have to do is get any poncho that you have or can find on the cheap like I did, and all you have to do is to cut the middle section of it, and if you want, overlock/sew the edges :). If you have one of those knitted type ones I would just hand sew it using the overhand stitch. 

I have new glasses, as you can see. I hated my old ones, because I didn't feel pretty in them to be honest, and I thought that a bigger frame would be such a better look for me! I was meaning to get a new one since October, but I somehow felt like I needed to wear the ones I had for a year to justify wearing new ones, because I hate that I wasted £150 on glasses that I wasn't really a fan of last February. So I got these from Specsavers, for £25, which was right up my street! I didn't like the women's cheap range so I just chose them from the Men's range online, which was even better because I get way too persuaded easily by those sales assistants, haha!

Katherine xo

No comments:

Post a Comment