Tuesday 6 September 2011

Before my Label was created...

Good morning everyone,

I'm currently on my desktop computer and I was going through some pictures of the things I upcycled whilst I was at my art foundation 3 years ago! I had to do an upcycling exercise on my fashion tailoring course and I enjoyed it so much that I carried on with it... and 3 years later I have my clothing label that I'm slowly building up :)










Looking back at these, I would say my tailoring./designing skills have really improved over the years, before it was about going against everything the designers at my college wanted me to do, but now, I'm keeping it current and more unified without losing my identity! 

I believe I did make a lot more things from scratch back then, and I would like to create a few pieces that aren't recycled, but created straight from a pattern... so from next summer, I will be creating yet another etsy store, where clothes are made from a pattern, but with a twist, and made to order too, so everyone could have a one of a kind piece made to suit them!

Watch this space for developments! :)

Katherine xo

No comments:

Post a Comment