Friday 23 December 2011

DIY 2012 Wall Calendar.

I got this idea on such a random whim today, and I thought I'd share this with you all! I don't normally use Calendars, but I thought that this would be a first, as it would have been made in a creative way, and won't cost me a single thing.



So, here is what you will need:

- A large image that you're willing to crop; i.e. a photograph, magazine cutting or in my case, I'm using my sketchbook work from first year of uni.
- Scissors
- Graph Paper
- Plain White Paper
- Glue
- Pen
- Pencil
- Ruler

Step 1) with your ruler and pencil, draw a square around the selected part of your image.

Step 2) With your scissors, cut out the image.

Step 3) Stick down your image in the centre of your page.

Step 4) Use a Calendar off Google and write out the months and stuff onto the graph paper, and then cut them out and stick them to the plain paper. At this point, If you want to go the extra mile and you want to use it as a gift, get some foam board (you could get this from any craft store) and stick it onto that. It will give a more professional, artistic look when this is done. :)

Let me know if you make this!

Katherine



No comments:

Post a Comment