Saturday 3 December 2011

DIY Post- Recycled Pillow Case Tote Bag

Hello Lovelies!

It's been such a while since I last did a blog post, again, life has been full of many, many distractions lately, and I haven't really been motivated again... I think I've been feeling a little lost lately, but I've now got my head screwed back on and I'm ready to work harder than ever, so expect to see a lot more blog posts like this DIY one, and the Much Love Mondays series, and a new one coming up pretty soon-ish! ;)

Anyway- As a broke-as-a-joke student, I love finding ways to get stuff on the cheap, and creating this bag which is excellent for me to use to Uni, but you lovely people could use it for shopping too- why get a plastic bag that could fall apart easily, when you have a fabric bag that is strong and would last you several shopping trips? :)


- tailoring pins
- scissors
- a sewing machine
- a pillow case

Step 1)

Cut a big strip from the pillowcase; a strip that would be big enough to later on cut into 4 decent sized strips for the handles.


Step 2)

pin across two strips and then use your sewing machine and sew them together, to make a long handle.

Step 3)


Fold the piece over itself and pin again to get a securely sewn handle. Machine stitch across here.
Repeat Steps 2 & 3 for the second handle.




Step 4)
Pin around the end of your pillow case to make the top of the bag, and sew.

Step 5)

Pin the handle onto the bag, and sew around the handle and diagonally across to double secure it.

Ta-dahhh! :) Here is my easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy DIY bag!

It's quite a cute piece, I think, and you're bound to create a more imaginative and original piece this way!

I hope this is easy for you lovelies, and let me know if you do create this!

Katherine


2 comments:

  1. Love! Especially since I have a childhood pillowcase that just sits in a box now I can use it again yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, I'm glad, Anon... I hope it all goes well! x

    ReplyDelete