Friday 1 July 2011

DIY Friday #02

Hello, my beautifully awesome people!

I have an DIY wall hanging I'd like to share with you all, today. I had made this because my mirror had broken down a couple of months ago (luckily it was the frame that broke and not the glass!)

This is what I created from the destruction:


an awesome small wall hanging piece.



I also used this as a jewellery display, because having my jewellery all piled up in a box isnt an ideal for storing everything.

Anywayyyyy...

Here is my quirky, yet homely and whimsical piece that I created for my bedroom.

Things you will need:

  • Sewing machine/ needle and thread
  • Scrap fabric
  • Canvas
  • Tailoring pins
  • Double sided tape
Step one: get all your fabrics together, and fold the seam of one piece of fabric on top of the other,  securing with a pin.




















Step two: Keep sewing until you have enough fabric to go over the sides of the canvas.



Step three: Get your double sided tape and go around all the edges of the canvas to hold your fabric securely. Fold the fabric over itself and get another piece of double sided tape to hold the 2nd layer of fabric.


















This is how your piece should be secured, so that it wont peel away from your canvas.





































Tada!!! Here is your wall hanging! I added this pleated bit in the middle for decoration, and because I was using a board rather than a canvas, it was easier to work with. If you want to add the pleated bit too, check out this post and stick it in the middle with double sided tape.

I hope you enjoyed this post! I'm trying to do it regularly so that I can connect with you lovely people.

Time to enjoy the rest of this evening and pamper myself a little! I got a disappointing result at uni... I was really down about it because I worked my absolute hardest, harder than I have ever worked, and to get the mark that I got broke my heart. So, I treated myself to making this awesome piece, and I got myself a new blackberry on a contract for my business number, which is quite cheap :). So cheap, that hopefully life will be easier financially by the end of the year.  I start my summer job next week, and I hope to look for a job for next year and beyond. I'm saving up for post graduation, so that I can rent my first place!


Katherine xo

No comments:

Post a Comment