Monday 11 July 2011

Much Love Mondays #04: Lucky Kunst

Hello guys,

As you are reading this, I am partially 1/2 packing for my day out on my stall in Camden tomorrow, and 1/2 doing my daily reading on my favorite blogs.

I love this artist, and not because she is my friend. :) Her name is Amelie, and I met her at my work experience in Tatty Devine. I had such a wicked time working with her, and I feel that I loved her even more because we think alike in the sense that we both had wanted to run our own businesses, and we were both passionate about creating pieces. I feel absolutely blessed to have met her.

Here are a few favorite pieces from her etsy store:

Geometric Wood Necklace
Geometric Wood Necklace

Banana Necklace Perspex

Banana Necklace

Pink Heart Ring Perspex
Pink Heart Ring

I love her items, mostly because they are painstakingly handmade, everything in her shop is handmade with love.

She says in her statement:

"By trying to think out of the box, we always find ourselves climbing up higher stages of mind and creativity. Our art pieces and jewellery do strongly represent this way of thinking. We want to connect the beautiful with the weird. The superficiality of life and society with the seriousness and criticism. But still, tongue in cheek, `coz life's a theatre play"

 I also feel as if some of her pieces compliment my own designs! I hope one day we can incorporate a shoot with hers and my own designs for my Autumn/Winter 11/12 collection! But if you are in London, please visit our stall on Tuesday, and snag a few of her gorgeous pieces! :)

Have a great day!

Katherine xo

No comments:

Post a Comment