Sunday 3 July 2011

Yummy Sundays: Veggie Quorn Fajitas

Good Afternoon!



This was made completely out of my head, when I was making a Chilli con Carne for my brother, as I dislike that, strongly. I was rummaging through my refrigerator for some meat, with no avail. I then found a packet of Quorn Chicken pieces that was in the freezer that I hadn't eaten in ages, and then a lightbulb moment hit me. "what if I use this in the fajita rolls? they might taste good!" I thought. So bish-bash-bosh, I created this roll and honestly, with this recipe it doesnt taste that much different to actual meat, even my brother and sister liked it, and they are hardcore carnivores!



































So here is my recipe (by the way, I dont know measurements, I just emptied all the packets):

Ingredients (feeds 4)

  • Old el Paso Fajita Dinner Kit (bread and salsa sauce)
  • Cheddar Cheese
  • 4 tablespoons Tomato Puree
  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
  • 1 packet Quorn Chicken Pieces
Method:
  1. Heat vegetable oil in frying pan.
  2. Fry your quorn, until it softens or turns brown.
  3. Empty contents of salsa mix and mix it with the quorn
  4. Put in the tomato puree and mix.
  5. If you want to, add the seasoning!
  6. Heat the bread and grate your cheese.
  7. Enjoy!
If you make this, let me know if you like it as much as you do! Have an awesome evening.

Katherine xo


No comments:

Post a Comment