Monday 4 July 2011

Much Love Mondays #03: Poor Pitiful Pearl.

Today, I'm going to dedicate this post to my favorite designer/maker, Shauna from Poor Pitiful Pearl. I have been following her shop and her blog for the past year and I must say she is my inspiration. The lifestyle she lives is what I hope to get in a few years time... it's so beautiful! Her clothes are all upcycled and she has many signature garments that are added often in her shop. Here are a few of my favorites:

Poor Pitiful Pearl Fitted Flannel Oxy Tube

Poor Pitiful Pearl Floral Bell Sleeve Jacket.

Poor Pitiful Pearl Gypsy Patchwork Apron Skirt
Poor Pitiful Pearl No Sleep Till Austin Tank

Poor Pitiful Pearl Sweat Bloomers

One day, I will afford to support her by buying some of her clothes. :) When I spotted her clothes, I thought... "OMG, amazing!" like she was the only designer that I knew that made clothes that I liked and wasn't badly made, or wasn't distinctive like other designers I had. Shauna's clothes made me feel as if her clothes was a trend in itself, and was distinctly anti-fashion. I felt there was a sense of anarchy, and honestly said, it brought out a more freespirited, rebellious side to my clothing. I'm not sure if you have seen my sales, but I had first made clothes that were specifically edgy, and always had to be quirky to be original. When I was first selling my clothing 2 years ago, I had just left London College of Fashion and felt the need to break the mold of this typical fashion student who sits around drinking Starbucks all day, reading I-D, Vogue or Dazed and Confused and following the trends. No offence to those who do this, but that's not the lifestyle I lead. My inspiration is by music, and art, and not fashion. I'm not a follower, and I wouldn't like to be. She gave me the inspiration to continue to be myself, and that, I shall be. :)

Have a wicked evening, and Happy 4th July, my American friends!

2 comments:

  1. wow she is amazing! thanks for sharing sweets x

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that she is such an inspiration to you, as she is to me as well!

    ReplyDelete